Mineko’s Night Market, which was previously planned for release in 2018, has been delayed to early 2019. It will launch first on console for Switch, as well as PC and Mac.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Mineko’s Night Market is an adventure/merchant simulation game inspired by games like Animal Crossing with a stronger emphasis on story, crafting, and exploration.
You play as Mineko, a curious girl who has just arrived at her new home on a struggling superstitious Japanese-inspired island at the base of Mount Fugu. The locals on the island worship the Sun Cat, Abe. What was always thought to be a long-told myth has the town puzzled, as sightings of Abe have begun to surface among the residents of the island in recent days.
Discover the secrets behind the town while managing your daily activities, completing various jobs, venturing on whimsical quests, and crafting peculiar items in preparation for the weekly Night Market!
Mineko’s Night Market is a game that celebrates Japanese culture while introducing a heartwarming story about friendship, tradition, and many, many cats.
- Explore the village and surrounding areas searching for rare resources and making new friends
- Craft peculiar items with the resources you find around the world
- Barter with townsfolk at the weekly Night Market to sell almost anything you make and find
- Play and compete in a variety of Night Market games like cat racing, octopus pull, and sumo-suit wrestling
- Uncover the mysteries of the Sun-Cat Abe and Mount Fugu Island!
Watch a new trailer below.