YouTuber Adam Koralik has shared new updates on Shenmue I & II, including information on load times and corporate tie-ins.
Here are the tidbits:
- Shenmue II is based on the Xbox build of the game. However, for those that want an experience more akin to the original Dreamcast version, the bloom effect that was added to the Xbox version is optional.
- While the game itself is playable in 16:9 widescreen (with 4:3 cutscenes), the game is also entirely playable in 4:3 resolution. High-resolution mode (1080p resolution) is also optional. If you want to play in 480p, you can.
- Load times in the collection are about one-to-two seconds between areas on standard PlayStation 4 or Xbox One hardware.
- There are no micro-transactions.
- There are no online features.
- There is no Shenmue Passport.
- There are no corporate tie-ins. Originally, the games had multiple companies involved. For example, the original Japanese version of the game had Coca Cola machines, while the western versions of the game had the generic Jet Cola. All tie-ins have been removed.
Shenmue I & II is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on August 21.