Limited Run Games will release the limited run physical edition of Ska Studios‘ stylized 2D action RPG Salt and Sanctuary for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita via the Limited Run Games online store on August 24, the company announced during its E3 2018 press conference.
Here is an overview of the game, via PlayStation.com:
Shipwrecked on a mysterious island in the sea that lies between nations at war, a faceless sailor must fight to survive. Salt and Sanctuary is the hardcore action RPG side scroller from Ska Studios, the creators of The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile and Charlie Murder. Salt and Sanctuary combines deep character building and customization with Ska Studios’ signature style: richly stylized and hand-drawn environments and animated 2D characters, precise controls, and fair but brutal gameplay in a hauntingly beautiful universe.
- Explore a vast and treacherous world, teeming with diabolical traps, mysterious secrets, hidden shortcuts and vicious enemies. In addition to a diverse array of combat and platforming challenges, this seamlessly-interconnected environment features more than 20 powerful and devious bosses.
- Equip yourself as you see fit with a wide variety of weapons, armor, accessories and spells to create your own unique hero – or villain!
- Survive it all over again with a series of increasingly difficult New Game Plus playthroughs.
- Sacrifice relics at your sanctuary, your only refuge. Upgrade it, add friendly NPCs like merchants and mages, and unlock new abilities, like weapon transmutation and fast travel. Do you ignore a strategically important sanctuary held by a rival creed, or do you desecrate it, earning the wrath of it followers?
- Uncover the submerged lore of a strange and dangerous world, hidden in item descriptions, the Bestiary, and dialog.
You’re not entirely alone… Castaways on this forsaken island can leave their mark on each other’s journeys through messages, shadows and other shrouded multiplayer interactions.
- …because together’s better. Too lonely? Too difficult? Join your friend’s world as a sellsword from afar for local co-op… or versus!