Microsoft and Playground Games announced Forza Horizon 4 for Xbox One and PC during Microsoft’s E3 2018 press conference. It will launch on October 2.
Here is an overview of the game, via Microsoft:
- Title: Forza Horizon 4
- Sept. 28, 2018 – Ultimate Edition Early Access (global launch)
- Oct. 2, 2018 – Deluxe and Standard Editions (global launch)
- Publisher: Microsoft Studios
- Developer: Playground Games
- Age Rating: ESRB: E; USK: TBC; PEGI: 3, AU / NZ: 3 (expected)
- Format: Xbox One family of devices and Windows 10 PCs
- Standard Edition: $59.99, £49.99, €69.99 (retail and digital)
- Deluxe Edition: $79.99, £69.99, €89.99 (digital only)
- Ultimate Edition: $99.99, £89.99, €109.99 (retail and digital)
- Game Pass*: Forza Horizon 4 will be included in Xbox Game Pass at launch as part of the $9.99 monthly subscription to the service
- Xbox Play Anywhere* title (Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X and Windows 10 PC versions included with single digital purchase at no additional cost)
Product Overview: Live the Horizon Life
Experience dynamic seasons in a shared open world, explore beautiful scenery, collect over 450 cars, and become a Horizon Superstar in historic Britain.
- Seasons Change Everything
- Britain Like You’ve Never Seen it. Discover lakes, valleys, castles, and breathtaking scenery all in spectacular native 4K and HDR on Xbox One X and Windows 10 PCs.
- Master Driving in All Seasons. Explore a changing world through dry, wet, muddy, snowy, and icy conditions.
- New Content Every Week. Every week, a new season change brings new themed content, gameplay, challenges, and rewards!
- Become a Horizon Superstar
- Collect Over 450 Cars. Enjoy the largest and most diverse Horizon car roster yet, including over 100 licensed automotive manufacturers.
- Race. Stunt. Create. Explore. In the new open-ended campaign, everything you do progresses your game.
- Customize Your Horizon Life. Outfit your driver with new clothing and emotes, own property, and create custom race routes for the community.
- Explore a Shared World
- Fully Synchronized World. When time of day, weather and seasons change, everyone playing the game experiences it at the same time.
- Go it Alone or Team up. Play solo or cooperatively. Join Team multiplayer for casual fun or Ranked Teams to take on the best in the world.*
- Livestream Your Game. Integrated Mixer features make broadcasting and spectating Horizon gameplay more fun and rewarding than ever.
Special Edition Details
Below are the full details of the Standard, Deluxe and Ultimate Editions of Forza Horizon 4, which are available at the >Microsoft Store and from participating retailers. All three versions feature exclusive digital content, as listed below.
Standard Edition Deluxe Edition Ultimate
Full Game • • • Formula Drift Car Pack in both Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 4 (digital only pre-order bonus $6.99 value) • • • Forza Horizon 4 Car Pass ($30 value) • • Forza Horizon 4 Day One Car Pack ($10 value) • VIP membership ($20 value) • Forza Horizon 4 Expansion #1 & #2 ($40 value) • Early Access on Sept. 28 •
Watch the announcement trailer and first gameplay footage below. View the first set of screenshots at the gallery.