Kadokawa Corporation has released the version 2.0 update for Yume Nikki: Dream Diary, which adds several new areas, concept art, effects, and more to the game, as well as numerous bug fixes.
Here is the full list of changes, via Kadokawa Corporation:
Yume Nikki Ver. 2.0 Features
- Added several new areas to the game.
- Added new concept art.
- Added some new effects.
- Mini games now save high scores when quitting.
- Added audio for when the girl in the school disappears.
- Added some missing effects to the mall.
- Added an option to adjust the brightness of the game.
- Improved performance of the eyeball wave.
- Added some more secrets.
- Improved AI of NPC that chases you.
- Fixed NPCs in school acting as if you weren’t there when you jumped while in front of them, possibly letting you get behind them and thus causing you to get stuck.
- Fixed selecting an effect in the inventory and then loading a save without that effect, causing the inventory to not auto-select an item and show the image and description from the previously selected one.
- Fixed mini game pause menu not un-pausing with cancel button.
- Fixed graphics menu closing sound playing at a lower volume than the rest of the items in the In-Game menu.
- Fixed a slope in the school where if you go down the stairs the player kept playing the falling animation.
- Fixed a bug were if you flew above an eyeball you could remain flying in place for a while.
- Fixed: In the mall NPC encounter scene some effects could be activated and deactivated while the cut scene was playing.
- Effects can’t be activated anymore while having the menu opened.
- Fixed a bug where after dying once, the physics would start working weirdly with the slopes.
- Fixed: Pinching immediately after starting effects would leave the 3D model of the effect floating around.
- Various localization updates.
- Wind zone in school resized to avoid the bug where if you open the umbrella at the end of the stairs next to the wind area she travels up while doing it.
- Fixed a collider of an NPC near a house where you could go through to an unintended location.
- Fixed a bug where if you interact with doors while using an effect it opened and closed fast multiple times.
- Improved the stairs collider in the school.
- Fixed “100%” text going outside of the frame in the diary with some languages and window sizes.
- Fixed: Player could interact with triggers while being in the menu
- Fixed bug where hitting the NPC that gives you the eye while running caused Madotsuki to keep running in place.
- Fixed: Opening the menu in front of an active trigger that teleported Madotsuki or loaded a new location, and pressing the interaction button while in the menus would cause problems and could lock the game.
- Fixed: Closing the menu with the interaction button while in front of an interaction trigger would cause the trigger to activate unintendedly.
- Fixed: Pressing pinch while taking the flute out could get you stuck until taking the flute out again.
- Fixed: Could go through door in elevator room, lower floor.
- Fixed: Could use the flute while waiting in the elevator, causing the input to be enabled too early.
- Fixed a bug where one of the lights that explodes near an NPC kept exploding on its own.
- Fixed: It was possible to skip the eye wave chasing you by running into the alley where the wave comes from at the right edge where the eyes wouldn’t touch you.
- Fixed: On every scene change and when closing the in-game menu, the problem with the very high level audio was occurring when playing with very low frame rates, just like quitting to the main menu before.
- Fixed: When sitting in the chair, pressing the interact button to get up would result in Madotsuki getting up and sitting down again.
- Fixed: When having a controller connected, interacting with some things (like the light switch) using the keyboard would result in a duplicated interaction (e.g. the light would be turned off and on immediately).
- Fixed: The places that started with an animation of Madotsuki closing the door had a problem where if you held the lantern or umbrella button you could see a floating item appearing/disappearing while the animation finished.
- Other small bug fixes.
Yume Nikki: Dream Diary is available now for PC via Steam and Playism (English, Japanese). The game is available at a 50 percent discount from its standard $19.99 / 1,980 yen price point until May 31 at 9:59 a.m. PT to celebrate the release of the version 2.0 update.