Original 05/08/18 at 5:17 a.m.: The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals Action Game Maker MV for PC from the creators of RPG Maker MV.
Action Game Maker MV is a tool that enables the creation of Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis-style 16-bit console quality 2D action games.
Development is currently 70 percent complete.
Update 05/09/18 at 2:15 a.m.: More information has come in.
- Action Game Maker MV will be released this summer in Japan for 9,800 yen.
- You can freely create the style of your game, from side-view to top-down view, as well as easily implement offline multiplayer that supports up to four players.
- Programming knowledge is not required for any action, and in addition to standard scrolling action games, you can also create Metroidvania-style games, or Sonic the Hedgehog-style high-speed running action games that accomodate a physics engine.
- You can casually implement graphics enarlgment, reduction, and rotation functions, as well as use movies for background scenery. Image and music materials from other Maker series programs can also be used.
- Depending on how you present it, you can also make shooting games. The program will also support functionality expansions via plug-ins.
- Currently, Action Game Maker MV is Windows-only. Commercial use is also allowed.
- Action Game Maker MV will be playable at BitSummit Vol. 6 on May 12.
Thanks, Hachima Kikou.