The Banner Saga 3 will launch digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on July 24, publisher Versus Evil and developer Stoic Studio announced. A release date for the Switch version was not announced.
On July 24 in North America and July 27 in Europe, publisher 505 Games will also release The Banner Saga Trilogy: Bonus Edition at retail for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It will include The Banner Saga, The Banner Saga 2, and The Banner Saga 3, as well as a “Best of” soundtrack, mini art book, collectible poster, and “Horn of Lichbaen” in-game item.
Here are overviews for both The Banner Saga 3 and The Banner Saga Trilogy: Bonus Edition:
The Banner Saga 3
Live through an epic role-playing Viking saga where your strategic choices directly affect your personal journey. Make allies as you travel with your caravan across this stunning yet harsh landscape. Carefully choose those who will help fight a new threat that jeopardizes an entire civilization.
- Player choice that drives your own narrative – every decision you make in travel, conversation and combat has a meaningful effect on the outcome as your story unfolds.
- Strategic combat with consequences – victory or defeat and even the permanent loss of a character depends on which characters you choose to take into battle and what decisions you make afterwards.
- The journey is as important as battle – your role in building and managing your caravan as you travel the vast frozen landscape is critical to not only your own survival but the survival of an entire civilization.
The Banner Saga Trilogy: Bonus Edition
Weave your own thread through this epic viking RPG adventure!
- Guide your caravan across the landscape of a breaking world, where the sun has stopped in the sky and the gods are dead. Bold leadership decisions, wise use of resources, and skillful battle tactics are vital to ensure that you and your clans make it through alive.
- Beautifully hand drawn combat sequences and animations, accompanied by an evocative score from Grammy–nominated composer Austin Wintory.
- Choose from 48 playable characters from 4 different races and 40 different classes each with unique abilities and upgrade options.
- Build and manage your caravan and its resources wisely on your journey – decisions are critical to not only your own survival but the survival of an entire civilization.
- Engage in strategic combat and think about the consequences – victory or defeat and even the permanent loss of a character depends on your choices.
Bonus Edition Includes:
- The Banner Saga, The Banner Saga 2, and The Banner Saga 3
- Best of Soundtrack
- Mini Art Book
- Collectible Poster
- Horn of Lichbaen In-Game Item
Watch a new set of trailers below.