The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals Gungrave VR Complete Edition for PlayStation VR. It will launch as a physical release in Japan this summer.
Based on the December 2017-released Gungramve VR, Gungrave VR Complete Edition will feature balance adjustments, as well as new “Episode 2” (title tentative) game mode made up of completely new stages.
Gungrave VR is currently available for PlayStation VR via the PlayStation Store in Japan. A western release is also planned, but has yet to be dated.
Update 04/25/18 at 12:55 a.m.: Here are a few additional details:
Gungrave VR Complete Edition will launch on August 23 in Japan. Pricing has yet to be announced.
- “Episode 2” adds side-scrolling stages. Additionally, the amount of objects that can be destroyed at once have been increased to more than 10, and particularly in third-person mode, you can enjoy the best parts of a “Full Break” similar to the original version.
- The game features completely new opening and ending movies. They are packed with nostalgic scenes for fans of the television anime.
- Development is 95 percent complete.
The magazine also shares a few new tidbits about Gungrave G.O.R.E., the non-virtual reality, Unreal Engine 4-based Gungrave project currently in development for PlayStation 4. Here are the details:
- The basic system parts have been settled, but there are still things to be concerned about.
- The battle system may be a bit difficult to approach for users who want simple combo action. The developers want to find a common ground for future adjustments.
- Gungrave character designer Yasuhiro Nightow has been involved from the early stages, and has started on a new character design for Grave. He is in close communications with the art director.
Thanks, Hachima Kikou.