The European release is still being finalized and its launch “shouldn’t be much longer after,” according to the studio.
The PS Vita version will be cross-buy with the 2017-released PlayStation 4 version, which means that if you already bought the PlayStation 4 version, you will get the PS Vita version for free. Similarly, if you buy the PS Vita version, you will get the PlayStation 4 version for free.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Alyssa L’Salle was one of the top secret agents at the Agency of Peace & Intelligence on the Planet Araenu. But when she uncovers a horrible conspiracy, she has to go rogue in order to save the day! Can Alyssa save the galaxy when everyone (and everything) is out to stop her!
- The best of classic and modern RPGs!
- Brisk pacing that respects your time! Save anywhere!
- No separate battle screen! Battles take place directly in the areas that you explore!
- 2D visual style straight from the height of gaming’s 16-bit era!
- Animated cutscenes reminiscent of the Sega CD & Turbo Duo era!
- Soundtrack by HyperDuck SoundWorks (Dust: An Elysian Tail, Precipice of Darkness 4)!
- Over 100 minutes of music!
- Multi-character combo techniques!
- Innovative turn-based combat system that focuses on flow & strategy!
- Your own spaceship! Recruit new agents to help your home base grow!
Cosmic Star Heroine is currently available for PlayStation 4 and PC.