Developer Limestone Games has announced Aeon Must Die!, a beat ’em up RPG coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.
Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:
Aeon Must Die! turns the beat-em-up genre on its head introducing breakneck risk-reward gameplay, innovative tactical fighting favoring brains over reflexes, and an RPG alignment system that tracks how you behave as a warrior and changes the challenge and story accordingly. The ruthless, grim but colorful world looks and feels like that ridiculous action-packed anime VHS tape your parents heavily disapproved of. Go on a violent journey with a disgraced symbiotic emperor, a fuel-blooded amnesiac with a hole in his head and a sentient hoverbike.
- Play as both the hero and the villain fighting for control over a single body.
- Every dialogue choice you make and every punch you throw affects the enemy AI and the path taking you to one of the five endings.
- The enemy adapts to your strategies after every brawl. Stay creative with your approach or face the consequences.
- Destroy, subdue or befriend the biker gangs of galactic highways to eventually take on a powerful assassin stalking you like a predator throughout the game.
- A completely new battle system that ditches all UI to let you focus on the action.
- The story-based death/sanity system will make the game as hard or as easy as you want, but remember that evil preys on the weak-minded.
Watch a gameplay video below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.