Tonight, Spike Chunsoft will host its Game Developers Conference 2018 presentation, where it will announce the first four titles its newly-established North American subsidiary will localize and publish.
This morning, Amazon Canada listings have leaked three of the four announcements.
428: Shibuya Scramble
Platform: PlayStation 4
Revolving around the lives of five protagonists who get dragged into a kidnapping case, you must make choices for each character that will undoubtedly alter the story for another, all within a ten-hour period. This creates the possibility of over 90 different endings! With an unconventional palette consisting of text, live action stills, and video sequences to paint the narrative, 428 provides humor, uniqueness, and much intrigue that will entice you to reach all endings.
- Unlike traditional visual novels, the narrative is presented with a palette of different mediums, combining text, live action stills, and video sequences.
- Five Protagonists. 10 Hours. Decisions made in one character’s story can affect the story of another character in unforeseen ways, culminating in a total of over 90 different endings!
- One of the very few titles to ever receive a perfect score (40 out of 40) from Japanese video game magazine Famitsu Weekly!
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Platform: PlayStation 4
The greatest grappling game returns to take on the world on the PlayStation 4 system! In Fire Pro Wrestling World, customize every aspect of the match, from your wrestler to the ring itself, to fight your way to the championship belt.
- Modes include Deathmatch (steel cage, barbed wire, or landmines), MMA rules, no-holds barred Gruesome Fighting, and SWA homebrew rules that mix pro wrestling and MMA.
- Create your dream wrestler from over a thousand devastating moves, and even more body parts, to battle for custom championship belts. Personalize the ring, mat logos, and even the referee!
- Give your creations personalities with a robust system that defines their every action. Does your wrestler play to the crowd, or play dirty? You provide actors for the ringside drama.
- Share your custom wrestlers with other players, organize exhibition matches, tournaments, leagues, championship bouts, and battle royals with players from around the world.
Steins;Gate Elite is fully remastered with animated scenes from the anime, creating a perfectly new, immersive experience.The game follows a rag-tag band of tech-savvy young students who discover the means of changing the past via e-mail using a modified microwave. Their experiments in pushing the boundaries of time begin to spiral out of control as they become entangled in a conspiracy surrounding SERN, the organization behind the Large Hadron Collider, and John Titor, who claims to be from a dystopian future.
- Fully Animated Adventure – Indulge in all the beautiful animation from 24 episodes of the Steins;Gate anime.
- A New Way to Time Leap – Experience the world of Steins;Gate with this remastered, ultimate version that features newly animated sequences for certain endings.
- Branching Storylines – Every choice you make has its own consequence, shifting the world line closer or farther from reaching 1% divergence, providing a multitude of animated endings.
Tune in to Spike Chunsoft’s Twitch channel tonight at 5:00 p.m. PT / 8:00 p.m. ET for the official announcements, including the still unknown fourth announcement.
Update 2:00 p.m.: Spike Chunsoft has officially announced its Game Developers Conference 2018 news:
- 428: Shibuya Scramble delayed to summer in the west
- Fire Pro Wrestling World for PS4 launches this summer in the west
- PixelJunk Monsters 2 announced for PS4, Switch, and PC
- Steins;Gate Elite coming west for PS4, Switch, and PC in 2018
- Zanki Zero: Last Beginning coming west for PS4, PC
- Bonus: Robotics;Notes coming west