CyberConnect2 has launched the official website for its “Next Plan,” its new original project strategy for the next decade, through which it will begin developing its own original properties that it will self-publish worldwide.
Get the details below.
Thanks to the support of our loving fans and fellow members of the industry, CyberConnect2 is celebrating its 23rd anniversary this year.
From the bottom of our hearts, we’d sincerely like to thank the players of our games from all around the world, our clients who have given us the task of creating quality games for so many years, as well as the creators and staff who have cooperated with us every step of the way.
For the first ten years following CyberConnect2’s establishment, we strived to make the world know the name of our company. In the 10 years following that, our president Hiroshi Matsuyama validated and confirmed everything that had been put into place, and used this foundation to pass the torch and create a stronger, better place for creation.
After celebrating our 20th anniversary, Matsuyama decided that a new strategy had to be drawn out in order to make CyberConnect2 a stronger place that will be able to create even more engrossing content in the years to come. Today, we reveal that plan for the world to see.
■ Next Plan: The Future of CyberConnect2
The next decade of CyberConnect2’s publishing….
—New Original Project Strategy—
As part of our plan for the next ten years, CyberConnect2 will begin developing its own completely original properties.
CC2 isn’t just a developer anymore–We’ll be publishing our own titles for the entire world to enjoy!
A Message from CyberConnect2 President and CEO Hiroshi Matsuyama
■ Publishing Project “C5”: Announcing 3 Completely Original Projects!
In addition to the large-scope/long-period development projects we were focusing on, we are announcing 3 completely original titles, with 3 concepts in mind. “Small-scope/short-period development”; “Short playtime” and “Low-price”.
C5 Stands for “CyberConnect Creative Challenge Competition”. C5 is a scheme which started with the goal of creating projects that can be published in-house.
◆ Trilogy of Vengeance
- Berman Empire – An evil fascist warrior nation. Utilizing advanced technology in its weaponry, it plans to engulf the world with the ravages of war.
- 11 Children – The lone survivors of an attack on their village. Now they head out in a gigantic tank to rescue their families who have been taken as prisoners by the Empire.
- Giant Tank Taranis – An ultra weapon from an ancient civilization wrapped in a myriad of mysteries. Loaded on board is the ultimate weapon, the Soul Cannon, capable of being activated by sacrificing a crew member’s life. Taranis is a weapon of tremendous power, but at the same time a source of dread and fear for our young heroes.
Tokyo Ogre Gate
Cut down evil in the ogre capital. High speed parkour style slashing action!
- Heroine: Towako Mutsu – Losing her friends and suffering a deadly wound from the Kubizuka incident, Towako narrowly escapes death by transplanting a heart created by unknown technology known as the Ogre Engine. Towako now sets out on her quest and vows to take revenge against Genshu Kubizuka.
- Nemesis: Genshu Kubizuka – The man who betrayed Japan and the nemesis who rose in revolt against the world. Summoning Ogre Gates which connect this world to hell, he intends to obtain a fantastic and sinister power, Hakumen Konmo, exceeding that of nuclear weaponry.
- The Battle Takes Stage in Tokyo! – Due to the plot of Kubizuka, Ogre Gates appear one after another in the imperial capital Tokyo, transforming it into a city swarmed by a hideous evil. Towako now traverses the city with the Ogre Engine firmly in her chest and revenge in her heart.
An exciting new tale depicting a crazy world, the scramble for the witches’ hearts! 2.5D side scrolling ultra fun witch action!
One night, when the moon is full, four sisters enjoying a carefree life are summoned to an old castle by their mother. Wiating for them is a “ceremony” which will turn them into witches. Due to the ulterior motives of their mother, the four sisters are stripped of what they cherish most.
- Heroine and Fourth-Born: Cecile – Now mute, she heads fiercely towards her mother to enact her revenge having had her beloved singing voice snatched away.
- Third-Born: Carla With the loss of her feminine and voluptuous adult body, she is doomed to live for eternity as a child who will never mature.
- Second-Born: Rezalia – Her love was dance, but her mesmerizingly masterful and prodigious gifts were stolen from her, when both of her legs were claimed.
- First-Born: Aristel – Losing her beloved husband, the king, her eternal life is doomed to that of a sinner.
Transform your umbrella into all kinds of shapes and unleash hell on your enemies!
- Bathe in elegant free flowing slashing action as you use your sword infused umbrella and magical powered weapons!
- Experience the dual-weapon mode using your sword and umbrella! Dice your enemies and bring about certain death with your overwhelming speed!
- Invoke special actions utilizing a variety of shape transformations with your umbrella! Send forth 8 fangs from your umbrella towards all your enemies and unleash blooming flowers of blood!
■ Original Anime Project “A5”
“A5” is an abbreviation of “Astonishing,” “Ambitious,” Advanced,” “Amazing,” and “Animation.” A5 was established in order to create brand new original anime projects based off of concepts and stories created within CyberConnect2.
Projects are already being planned at this very moment!
■ CyberConnect2 to Assist with the Production of the MECHA-UDE Anime
We will be providing extensive assistance to animation studio TriF Studio to help make their original anime MECHA-UDE a reality!
■ Calling All Game-Lovers! Mass Recruitment for New Start-up Projects!
CyberConnect2 is looking for new team members to join our family and help work on the development of Fuga, Tokyo Ogre Gate, and Cecile, our three new, completely original game projects. You could be a part of a game that will be played by gamers all over the world!
We’ve made the decision to announce our newest titles before they’ve even begun development. You may ask: “Why?”
It’s because we want prospective creators to take a look at these new projects we have to offer, and possibly even help us bring these ideas to life. It’s because we want to start once more from square one–with all of you.
It’s rare for someone who’s just joined a game company to immediately be put into an important position on a brand new project. After all, new staff members are usually assigned to already-in-place large projects, and then work their way up little by little.
However, this time, things are different. This time, we’re trying to put short-development-time, small-budget projects into motion as a new system of game production. We are fully prepared to put someone with like-minded aspirations, skills, and experience to take on an important position right off the bat and serve as the backbone for one of our new projects.
This is a call to all people who feel something missing in today’s gaming landscape.
This is a call to all dreamers who see our new projects and think, “This is how I’d design it.”
This is a call to all creators who have the skills and experience to make imagination a reality.
If you’re ready to work with us to change the gaming world as we know it, apply to become a member of CyberConnect2 today!
We Need Talented and Passionate Developers For Our New Projects!!
For more details, please check the “Employment” section of the CyberConnect2 website.