FoxNext VR Studio has announced Crisis on the Planet of the Apes VR for PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, and HTC Vive. It will launch digitally on April 3.
Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:
Five years since its outbreak, the Simian Flu has wiped out half of humanity and left other primates…evolved.
Now at the crossroads of two species’ destinies, you are an ape with advanced intelligence, captured and held prisoner in a heavily guarded scientific facility as mankind desperately searches for a cure.
Your mission: confront human aggression as you climb, jump, and shoot through the chaos of an apocalyptic world to escape with your fellow apes and return home to Caesar.
- Bone – A chimpanzee captured by the CDC for its Simian Flu research. The same virus that’s devastated the human race has given him and other apes human-like intelligence, and he’s determined to escape captivity and help his fellow apes.
- Sergeant Richter – A hardened career army sergeant assigned to provide security for the CDC’s research site. After weathering five years of death and chaos, he’s come to view Dr. Devon’s research as a waste, and the apes in her care as dangerous enemies.
- Dr. Eva Devon – The lead scientist in the CDC’s research program combatting the Simian Flu. Brilliant and determined, she faces intense pressure as she races to find a cure – pressure that sometimes blinds her to the suffering in her lab.
- Spear – A chimpanzee test subject in the CDC’s research trials. Spear was once part of a band of intelligent apes led by Caesar, the first ape with human-like intelligence, but his capture and Dr. Devon’s research have taken a heavy physical toll on him.
- Corporal Coburn – A gruff, trigger-happy soldier under Richter’s command.
Watch the announcement trailer below.