Bear With Me developer Exordium Games has announced Last Encounter, a twin-stick roguelike set in deep space. It is due out first for PC in Q2 2018, followed by PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch later in Q2. A beta is also planned.
Here is an overview of the game, via Exordium Games:
Last Encounter is a twin-stick roguelike in deep space following a group of heroes trying to prevent the unavoidable by cloning their ships and designing their weapons with swappable components.
Advanced technology lets you and your friends clone your avatars so death is not the end. Teleport into new sectors of space, discovering the ever-changing, procedurally generated layouts and hazards filled with strange beings and alien environments.
Find dozens of advanced weapon components scattered throughout diverse galaxy biomes. Combine the pieces as you see fit to create the strongest weapon in the universe.
Choose from a variety of unlockable and upgradeable ships and prove your skills against bosses and mini-bosses in the far reaches of space.
- Component based weapon system enables hundreds of possible weapon combinations.
- Twin stick action rogue-lite gameplay, easy to pick up – hard to master.
- Procedurally generated biomes filled with a variety of enemies and hazards.
- Unlockable and upgradeable space ships and components.
- Deep space mini-boss and boss fights put your piloting skills to the test.
- Perma-death game loop; each run is a new chance.
- Local co-op for up to 4 players, perfect for both couch co-op or on-the-go fun.
- Original soundtrack.
Watch the announcement trailer below. Visit the official website here.