Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam in the Americas and Europe on February 23, 2018, Bandai Namco announced.
A Japanese release date of February 8 was announced back at Tokyo Game Show 2017 in September.
In the Americas, a 1,000-print run limited “Phantom Edition” will include a copy of the game and 6.3″ figurine of Sinon and Kirito. It is available exclusively at the Bandai Namco Entertainment Online Store.
In Europe, a collector’s edition will include a copy of the game, two main character figurines dressed with exclusive costumes from the game (Kirito and Sinon), one cloth game map, and one exclusive art book.
Pre-orders will include a product code to download the “Sword Art Online Asuna” and “Sword Art Online Kirito” costumes, as well as the “Silver Assault Rifle” in-game weapon.
In addition to the release date, Bandai Namco also shared the following game details:
- UFG Weapon: The user’s avatar will be gifted by the ArFA-Sys with this special weapon. It enables 3D movements around the environment allowing the player to throw a light wire and reach higher areas of the map, getting closer to enemies reaching a better shooting position or to hit flying opponents.
- Bounty Player: In offline mode, besides enemies, some NPC will appear and challenge the player. They can appear in group of 4 or alone and defeating them will guarantee more rewards and a thrilling experience.
- 4-Player Party: The player will have the chance to face the entirely solo experience by himself or go to up 4 party members. In party mode the player won’t direct control the members but will have the chance to set specific actions and behaviors.
- New Characters: Besides Kirito, Asuna and Sinon new characters will join the crew like Yuuki, Strea, LLenn and Pitohui, both from Alternative Online Gun Gale.
- GC Events: During the game some special actions can trigger special party events to discover more about the characters’ life.
Read about these bullets more in-depth here.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots, the official box art, and collector’s edition images at the gallery.