Ichiro Sugiyama, the producer of Reco Love: Blue Ocean / Gold Beach and Photo Kano, is working on a new, still untitled love simulation game for PlayStation 4, the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation reveals.
The magazine reports that Sugiyama has launched a new love simulation game brand called SweetOne in partnership with Kadokawa Games. The main staff that Sugiyama was previously making love simulation games with have come over to Kadokawa Games to create this title. (Editor’s Note: Reco Love and Photo Kano were developed by Dingo, which was shuttered.)
Much like his previous games, the PlayStation 4 title is themed after picture-taking and video-recording. There will be also be free sessions where you can freely take pictures. The setting is a combined, private middle and high school. Characters are depicted in 3D, and you’ll also be able to peek up their skirts.
(Pictured: Reco Love: Blue Ocean / Gold Beach for PS Vita.)
Update 6:45 a.m.: Here are some interview tidbits:
- The protagonist’s little sister is a first-year high school student named Yumina.
- We’re currently modeling the new title’s background graphics.
- With PlayStation 4, we have more light sources and shaders, etc. and are able to do what we couldn’t do on a portable device.
- If you go as far as to confess to the heroine, a lovey-dovey relationship with them will unfold after.
- Once you establish a relationship as their lover, video recording will be unlocked.
- We’re considering bringing the game overseas. I’m looking forward to reactions overseas.