LocoRoco 2 Remastered will launch for PlayStation 4 on December 9, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced during the PlayStation Media Showcase at Paris Games Week 2017 pre-show.
Here’s an overview of the game, via PlayStation.com:
LocoRoco 2 returns to PlayStation with all new enhancements taking full advantage of the PS4 and PS4 Pro systems!
The Moja Boss is not willing to accept defeat. Armed with a deadly song that sucks the life out of all living things, the evil Moja army have returned to enslave the LocoRoco! Help the LocoRoco bring life and music back to the planet in this exciting new sequel. Experience the addictive Tilt and Roll gameplay that made it an instant classic and discover brand new abilities and challenges.
Take advantage of LocoRoco 2 in native 4K on your PlayStation 4 Pro system and compatible 4K display. Also enjoy LocoRoco in 1080p resolution on your PlayStation 4 system with an HD display device.
- New Generation of LocoRoco 2: Take advantage of LocoRoco 2 in native 4K on your PlayStation 4 Pro system and compatible 4K display. Also enjoy LocoRoco 2 in 1080p resolution on your PlayStation 4 system and HD display.
- New Characters – The LocoRoco are not the only creatures on this strange and distant planet – there is a whole host of new characters to meet in LocoRoco 2.
- Enhance LocoRoco characters by collecting music notes in a rhythm based mini-game along the journey.
- Morph to the Environment – Stay round to roll, become slim to squeeze through narrow passages, and disassemble into smaller LocoRoco to collectively pass through small crevasses and paths. Eat to increase the size and quantity of LocoRoco and to gain access to secret areas and hidden rewards.
- Simple Intuitive Gameplay – Press the L and R buttons to tilt the landscape or bump the LocoRoco into the air.
- Music – Captivating, light-hearted original songs communicate the joyous world of LocoRoco.
Watch the reveal trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.