Compile Heart has updated the official website for Death end re;Quest with details on the game’s “Real Objects,” “Glitch Style” system, and a teaser for a Final Re:Quest collaboration.
Get the new details below.
“Real Objects” are objects that exist in reality that Shina and company find in the game world, where they should not naturally exist. What are the meaning of these objects? By getting information from the objects you acquire, you will explore new mysteries, but even more mysteries and incidents will await beyond that.
A diary found in the game “World’s Odyssey,” which has been infested with bugs. The writing inside is of a frightening state, and a Japanese address is listed in the corner.
◆ Glitch Style
Take a Risk, Get Stronger by Cheating
When a character touches a field bug, or when they are hit by the enemy’s attacks, they will gradually be contaminated by bugs.
A character’s amount of bug contamination is represented as the “Contamination Level,” and as it rises, the character’s stats will gradually go mad.
And if a character’s Contamination Level reaches its maximum value, they will transform into their “Glitch Style,” which gives them cheat-class abilities. But this ability is a double-edged sword, as going beyond the maximum value makes them unable to act. This is also not a standard inability to act, as it adds a minus effect upon the character’s return to their normal state.
With the Glitch Style, you can acquire super powerful abilities, but it also comes with the burden of being a major risk on the character’s life.
Final Re:Quest Collaboration
Death end re;Quest will have a collaboration with Final Re:Quest, the work of Ichirou Kusaka, who is participating in the development of Death end re;Quest as a concept advisor. Details will be announced at the following event:
- Event Name: Final Final Re;Quest
- Time: Monday, October 30. Opens at 18:30 JST, starts at 19:00 JST. Pre-sale tickets cost 1,500 yen, day-of tickets cost 1,800 yen.
- Featuring: Ichirou Kusaka, Yohei Sato (Compile Heart), Kazuteru Maruyama (Compile Heart), and others
- Guests: MCU (Kick the Can Crew)
- Event Details: A collaboration is planned between the moving 8-bit fantasy Final Re:Quest and the new Compile Heart game Death end re;Quest. Ichirou Kusaka and the game development team will debut the first details about that collaboration. Also, this will probably be the last live talk for Final Re:Quest as it heads towards its climax. And special guests MCU (Kick the Can Crew) will also participate and debut the ending theme to Final Re:Quest.
Death end re;Quest is currently in development for PlayStation 4. A release date has yet to be announced. It is currently only confirmed for release in Japan.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.