2064: Read Only Memories will no longer be released for PS Vita, developer MidBoss announced.
“Unfortunately, we have tried and tried and tried to get the game to run on PS Vita, but the way we built the original engine was just not made for the amount of memory the system has,” the developer said in a Kickstarter update. ” As huge fans of Danganronpa and the 999 series, we really understand the value and potential of PS Vita and hoped and spent a lot of money and time trying to get this to work, but it just is not meant to be. We are pretty crushed over here too … In the future, we’ll make sure the build our games knowing the limitations of the platforms we’re aiming for before making any assumptions if we’ll actually be able to execute.”
MidBoss also announced several other 2064: Read Only Memories-related updates:
- Playism will announce a Japanese version of 2064: Read Only Memories for release (Japanese subtitles and English voice overs) in two weeks. It will be released for PlayStation 4 and PC before the end of November.
- Limited Run Games will release a limited run physical edition of 2064: Read Only Memories for PlayStation 4 before the end of the year. There will be three different covers, each with only 2,064 copies produced.
- The Xbox One version of 2064: Read Only Memories, which was previously planned for release in July, is currently about 95 percent complete and “should be ready to go in the next month.” A release is promised before the end of the year.
- The Switch version of 2064: Read Only Memories, which is titled 2064: Read Only Memories Integral, is currently about 85 percent and is planned for release in February or March. It includes extras such as trailers, art, music, and more in a special bonus “zome,” and will cost $20.64. MidBoss is also looking at doing a physical release with Limited Run Games.
- 2064: ROM Type:M, the mobile version of the game, is still in development for iOS and Android, and is planned for release around summer 2018 at a discounted price.
- All versions of the game will receive new voice acting scenes and a few additional bug fixes as a free update before the end of the year.
2064: Read Only Memories is available now for PlayStation 4 and PC.