Eastasiasoft will release Reverie, an Earthbound and The Legend of Zelda-inspired action adventure game developed by Rainbite Limited, for PS Vita in early 2018, the company announced. It will launch digitally via the PlayStation Store, as well as via a physical limited edition sold exclusively at Play-Asia, and feature English, Japanese and traditional Chinese text.
The physical limited edition will include the game, a game manual, a soundtrack CD, an individually numbered certificate, a map and a collector’s box.
Here’s an overview of the game, via Eastasiasoft:
Reverie is an action adventure game set on a fictional island in New Zealand, inspired by the legend of Maui and the Giant Fish where the demigod himself fishes up the North Island with a powerful fishhook.
You play as Tai, a young boy on summer holiday, who must explore Toromi Island. With angry spirits threatening the safety of the island’s inhabitants, Tai must venture through dangerous dungeons and across a variety of environments to put the spirits to rest.
- Six dungeons to fight and puzzle through.
- Many weapons and items to cater to different gameplay styles or be used in unique situations.
- Story inspired by a Maori legend.
- Explore a fictional island off the coast of New Zealand.
- A wide variety of distinct environments to explore in the overworld.
- Collect hidden feathers from New Zealand’s many beautiful native birds.
Reverie will be playable at Tokyo Game Show 2017 from September 21 to 24.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.