The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has new information on Code Vein, including the reveal of two new characters and additional system details.
Get the information below.
- Louis (voiced by Kaito Ishikawa) – A young leader who researches day and night to save the Revenants. He is a speedy fighter who uses a one-handed sword.
- Io (voiced by Lynn) – A Revenant who becomes close with the protagonist. She has lost all of her memories, but has plenty of knowledge about Revenants and Vein. She appears to be the spitting image of God Eater character Shio. (She has the same white hair color, albino skin, and yellow eyes.)
- You can freely customize the appearance of your character.
- Character creation is considerably detailed, allowing you to customize gender, physique, hairdo, facial features, voice, eye color, and pupil luster. Each eye can even be customized differently.
- Several pre-made characters are also being prepared.
- You will be able to select from the lead actors of various different works as the voice of your character.
Equipment and Stats
- Up to two types of weapons can be equipped per character, which can be switched between instantly without opening the menu.
- Equipment itself can be changed at any time by bringing up the menu.
- Characters will level up by gaining experience points, and various stats will increase.
- There is a correction value called the “Blood Code,” which by setting allows you to amend specific stats. By developing the Blood Code, the correction value will increase. You will also obtain new Gifts.
- The user interface is simple and small.
- For standard attacks, the amount of stamina consumed varies depending on the type of part and attack method. When sucking up blood, the amount of stamina consumed varies depending on the type of Blood Veil equipped.
- While there is no penalty for running out of stamina during battle, it does make you unable to use various actions.
- There is an action to suck the blood from the Lost. If you’re successful, you can get the Blood Charges necessary for activating a Gift.
- Although you can fight without sucking up blood, not using Gifts limits your range of strategy, which will make battles more difficult.
- There is a “Special Blood Sucking” command that can be triggered under certain conditions, which increases the amount of Blood Charges obtained and significantly increases the amount of damage dealt to the enemy. Conditions include “when you parry the enemy’s attack at the right timing,” “when you successfully execute a back-attack,” or “during a combo from a launch attack.”
- A maximum of eight Gifts can be equipped. Whether for attack, defense, or support, these can trigger various effects.
- Your “Buddy” is a reliable character who will tag along and provide support.
- Your Buddy will support you in various situations, such as pursuing the enemy, activate cooperative attacks, and healing you when your HP is reduced to zero.
- Your Buddy character is AI-controlled, meaning you cannot give them direct instruction.
- Whether or not the Buddy character has a growth element is still a secret.
- If your Buddy’s health is reduced to zero, they will disappear where they perished, but can be revived at the next checkpoint.
- Your Buddy will also need to amass dark blood to activate Gifts.
- A dedicated gauge will increase in situations such as when you take damage from enemies. When it reaches a certain value, you can enter the “Focus State.”
- In the Focus State, you will not take recoil from enemy attacks, and you can suspend enemies in the air with a launch attack.
- The success rate of Special Blood Sucking will also increase.
- Focus State will automatically activate when the gauge reaches a certain amount and last for around 20 seconds.
Code Vein is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC worldwide in early 2018.
Update 1:50 p.m.: Added various new details from Hachima Kikou.