To play the Early Access version of Quake Champions, players will need to buy the “Champions Pack” for $29.99, which is 25 percent off the final retail price of $39.99. It includes:
- All 11 current Champions, including Ranger, Visor, Scalebearer, Nyx, Anarki, Clutch, Sorlag, Galena, Slash, Wolfenstein’s BJ Blazkowicz, and the new Doom Slayer.
- All future Champions, including at least six additional Champions expected to release before the end of 2018, and any that follow.
- An exclusive Early Access skin for Ranger, available only during the Early Access period for Champions Pack players.
- Three Reliquaries (loot chests containing three in-game items for profile, Champion and weapon customization, including skins, shaders, nameplates and more).
While the free-to-play version of Quake Champions will launch at a later date, users who previously redeemed a closed beta key will be able to continue playing the game in free-to-play mode via the Bethesda.net launcher. Said users will have the option of upgrading to the Champions Pack or buying additional Champions at any time.
The Early Access release will feature a host of content, including new maps, features, and the “Doom Slayer” Champion from the Doom series. Here is the full list of new features:
- New Champion: Quake Champions’ newest playable Champion, Doom Slayer, comes straight from the depths of hell to the Arenas, wielding his pounding fists and an unceasing thirst for blood. Fans of Doom can run amok using Doom Slayer’s active ability, Berserk – smashing enemies into bloody piles of gibs with his bare hands. Doom Slayer’s passive ability will also be familiar to Doom fans; reach new heights with Double Jump, which allows the Doom Slayer to jump a second time while in mid-air.
- Two New Maps: Church of Azathoth and Tempest Shrine.
- Rune Challenges: Players will be reward for completing new Rune Challenges found in Backpacks.
- Lore System: Players will find Lore Items hidden throughout Arenas in vases. By collecting all 10 Lore Items for a specific Champion, they will unlock that Champion’s high-end Lore Skin.
- Improved New Player Onboarding: New features to help get fresh fraggers up to speed include a movement tutorial, shooting gallery and the ability to choose a skill level.
- New Customization Options: New options include new Champion skin sets and weapon shaders.
- In-Game Voice Chat.