Final Fantasy XV is coming to PC in early 2018 as Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, Square Enix announced.
THe PC version of Final Fantasy XV will come equipped with Nvidia GammeWorks technology and other advancaed PC features that add “cutting-edge graphics and physics simulation technologies” with support for Nvidia’s capture and share tools.
The PC version will include the following GameWorks technology for real-time graphics and physics simulations:
- Nvidia Flow – creates vivid, combustible fluid, fire and smoke.
- Nvidia HairWorks – creates dynamic, life-like hair and fur for characters, animals and monsters that inhabit the game.
- Nvidia ShadowWorks – enables characters to cast shadows on themselves.
- Nvidia Turf Effects – creates life-like grass and vegetation in the game environment.
- Nvidia VXAO – adds depth and realism based on the physics principles shadows and light.
There is also support for both GeForce Experience capture and share tools:
- Nvidia Ansel, an in-game photography tool that allows gamers to compose shots from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high fidelity formats, and share screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset.
- Nvidia ShadowPlay Highlights automatically captures the player’s greatest gaming achievements in video and screenshot, enabling seamless sharing through social channels.
Final Fantasy XV is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Watch the PC announcement trailer below. View the first PC screenshots at the gallery.
Update 08/22/17 at 5:30 a.m.: Square Enix has confirmed that the PC version of Final Fantasy XV will include the Season Pass and free update content already released for the console version, with the addition of a new optional first-person mode for a more immersive player experience.