Square Enix has announced that the Dissidia Final Fantasy NT closed beta test will run from August 25 at 9:00 p.m. PT / August 26 at 12:00 a.m. ET / 05:00 BST / 06:00 CEST to the sames time on September 3 PT / September 4 in the Americas and Europe.
The closed beta test will enable players to try their hand at the team-based fighting game using 14 playable characters:
- Warrior of Light (Final Fantasy)
- Firion (Final Fantasy II)
- Onion Knight (Final Fantasy III)
- Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV)
- Bartz Klauser (Final Fantasy V)
- Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
- Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
- Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII)
- Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX)
- Tidus (Final Fantasy X)
- Shantotto (Final Fantasy XI)
- Vaan (Final Fantasy XII)
- Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)
- Y’shtola (Final Fantasy XIV)
Players will be able to participate in three-on-three battles across familiar arenas, and request help from powerful summons including Ifrit, Shiva, and Odin.
Square Enix also confirmed that Jecht, who was announced yesterday as due out in the arcade version of Dissidia Final Fantasy‘s August update, will be playable in Dissidia Final Fantasy NT when it launches worldwide for PlayStation 4 in early 2018.
View a screenshot of Jecht at the gallery.