Square Enix has updated the official website for Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time with new information and screenshots about the protagonist and party member Camus, more on the Skill Panel, and a general FAQ..
Get the details below.
A young man who lives in the peaceful Ishi Village. The protagonist, faced with a coming-of-age ceremony in turning age 16, learns an astonishing truth. He is the reincarnation of the “hero” who once saved the world, who carries the burden of a major mission. What is the hero? What is his mission? In order to confirm his fate with his own eyes, the protagonist leaves his hometown and steps forward into the vast world.
The protagonist is equipped with top-class power!
The protagonist can equip one-handed and two-handed swords, and mainly attacks using various sword techniques. The leader of the party, he uses spells and special skills unique to a hero, including “Zone Hit,” which guarantees he enters the Zone state.
—The Protagonist’s Spell: “Kaclang”
—The Protagonist’s Two-Handed Sword Skill: “All-Out Slash”
—The Protagonist’s Sword God Special Skill: “Sword Dance”
—The Protagonist’s Two-Handed Sword Special Skill: “Dragon Slash”
—The Protagonist’s Hero Special Skill: “Zone Hit”
—The Protagonist’s Sword God Special Skill: “Giga Slash”
A reliable partner. He is a blue-haired thief that the protagonist encounters on his journey. Although there is a rude side to his behavior and speech, he possesses a strong sense of duty and a warm heart. As a partner used to the ways of the world, he supports and guides the novice protagonist.
Freely use weapons to adapt to the current battle situation!
Camus makes full use of the dexterity only a thief can have. He can equip three types of weapons, including daggers, one-handed swords, and boomerangs, and can adapt to the situation to unleash single blows that deal great damage or take down multiple enemies all at once.
—Camus’ Divine Special Skill: “Clone”
—Camus’ Dagger Special Skill: “Assassin Attack”
—Camus’ Spell: “Jibariina”
—Camus’ Two-Handed Sword Special Skill: “Sword Guard”
—Camus’ Boomerang Special Skill: “Starburst Throw”
Learn various skills and grow!
The protagonist and company each have “skills” that match the types of weapons they can equip and their personality (thief, entertainer, etc.). Outside of those that teach new special skills and spells, there are also skill that offer various effects.
—Improve your ability by learning skills.
—The skill panel also has special effects such as being able to equip dual swords.
—By performing a skill reset at the church, you can redo your skill points.
There are no story differences between the PlayStation 4 and 3DS version of Dragon Quest XI.
Do I have to play previous Dragon Quest titles to enjoy Dragon Quest XI?
Since this is a completely new game, even users who have never played a previous Dragon Quest game can enjoy Dragon Quest XI.
Do I need an Internet connection to play Dragon Quest XI?
Since there is not an online gameplay element, you do not need an Internet connection to enjoy Dragon Quest XI. (However, an Internet connection is required to redeem the early purchase bonus items.)
Can I create several different save datas?
You can create up to nine save datas. The PlayStation 4 version has an auto-save feature, allowing you to start your adventure from the most recent auto-save. The 3DS version has a suspended save feature, allowing you to suspend your adventure at places other than the church.
Can I change the protagonist’s name?
You can freely set the protagonist’s name when creating the Adventure Log (save data). (You cannot change the protagonist’s name during your adventure.)
Can I change the protagonist’s appearance?
There is not a character creation feature that allows you to change the protagonist’s hairdo and face, but some equipment will change the character’s outfit.
Are the characters voiced?
The characters are not voiced.
◆ PlayStation 4 Hardware-Related
Does Dragon Quest XI support PlayStation 4 Pro?
Dragon Quest XI supports PlayStation 4 Pro. You can enjoy the game in 4K resolution, excluding some movies.
Does Dragon Quest XI support PS Vita remote play?
Dragon Quest XI supports PS Vita remote play.
Does Dragon Quest XI support PlayStation 4 Share functionality?
Dragon Quest XI supports screenshot and streaming Share functionality through the use of the Share button the DualShock 4 controller, excluding some movies. (Share Play is only available at the beginning of the story.) Guidelines are available here:
- Please clearly display the copyright owner on anything you publish or stream. For example:
(C) 2017 ARMOR PROJECT / BIRD STUDIO / SQUARE ENIX All Rights Reserved.
(C) SUGIYAMA KOBO
When using the PlayStation 4 version’s Share functionality, the copyright owner will be displayed automatically.
- When streaming scenes largely related to the game’s story, please add a “spoiler” notice as not to take away the experience from those who have yet to play the game.
- Live streaming, recording, or screenshots of anything that is blocked from being captured using the PlayStation 4 version’s Share functionality is prohibited.
- Please do not reuse published content. For example, please do not redistribute published content in a different medium such as a summary book, regardless of whether it is paid or free.
- Please do not publish to websites in which a charge is necessary to view content. (With the exception of Niconico’s Premium Service.)
- Please do not perform acts that slander specific players.
- No matter the reason, if requested by Square Enix, please immediately stop posting images or video. Additionally, Square Enix may delete videos and broadcasts that it deems are inappropriate.
- Square Enix makes no guarantees regarding the publication of images and videos on the Internet, including not infringing on the rights of third parties. Also, Square Enix will not compensate for disputes with third parties, including other players, for any damages caused as a result of using an image or video.
◆ 3DS Hardware-Related
Does Dragon Quest XI support stereoscopic 3D?
Dragon Quest XI does not support stereoscopic 3D.
Is it OK to host Dragon Quest XI videos on streaming websites?
Please review the guidelines (also above).
Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time will launch for PlayStation 4 and 3DS on July 29 in Japan. A Switch version is also planned, but has yet to be shown or dated.
View the screenshots at the gallery.