Magnus Games is bringing its co-op monster-raising RPG Re:Legend to Kickstarter on July 26, the developer announced. The game recently finished its Square Enix Collective campaign at 99-percent in-favor votes.
Described as an “all-encompassing RPG-simulator hybrid with strong monster raising and multiplayer features,” Re:Legend is a co-op adventure that began development almost two years ago. Magnus Games intends to release a Windows PC version of the game, with stretch goals for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch support.
Here’s an overview of the game, via Magnus Games:
Your first few days in Re:Legend might consist of planting a few crops to subsist on, trading part of your harvest with the villagers, and eventually gaining enough resources to build a comfortable home. But as you go about your business, you will discover what makes Vokka Island unique: the presence of numerous monster-like creatures called Magnus. By taming and befriending wild Magnus like the adorable Momochi and Draconewt, this new world will truly open up to you. From helping you in a wealth of activities to carrying you across the island, loyal Magnus are the key to a prosperous life.
- Magnus taming and raising – All Magnus on Vokka Island are tameable and the way you raise them will determine how they grow.
- Extensive life skills and activities – Farming, fishing, mining, and crafting are just a few of the ways you can fund the development of your village.
- Co-operative local and online multiplayer – Join with up to three friends to speed up your domestic tasks or set out on a journey across the island together with your Magnus.
- Expansion and exploration – Build upgrades for your village and recruit NPCs to further develop Vokka Island.
- Character customization – A new life calls for a new you!