Guns of Icarus Alliance will launch for PlayStation 4 in early 2018, developer Muse Games announced.
Here’s an overview of the steampunk airship battle game, which is currently available for PC, via its Steam page:
- A vivid steampunk world – Lumbering, heavily-armored airships bristling with guns patrol the skies above a land ravaged beyond repair by an out-of-control industrial revolution.
- Build your own airship – Starting from a selection of basic hulls, players can mix and match hundreds of custom parts to create their own unique airship, then assemble a crew to fly it.
- The ultimate co-op experience – Players can take on the roles of pilots, gunners and engineers, working together as a single unit to maximize their airship’s effectiveness and own the skies.
- Your crew versus the world – Take your airship and crew and pit them against a huge variety of AI-controlled challenges, including escort missions, convoy raids, base assaults and more.
- AI that learns – The AI won’t take defeat lying down. Dynamic learning systems mean that every battle will teach the AI what tactics you use, increasing the challenge with every fight.
- Pit crew against crew – In addition to AI-controlled missions, airship crews can also battle one-on-one against other human-crewed opponents.
- Every battle matters – Rival factions are in a constant battle of wills to take and retain territory and control vital resources. Every victory and defeat will sway the tides of the larger war.
- Become a legend – The story of Guns of Icarus Alliance is constantly being written based on the results of online gameplay. Achieve a key victory and your name may become part of the lore!
The first big content update for the PC version, dubbed “Order and Chaos,” will launch on May 30. It adds two new player factions, each with a new airship design and powerful new weapon, seeking diametrically opposed goals; a new “Ambush” mission type; and a new player-versus-player map.