Accel World VS. Sword Art Online will launch for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in the Americas and Europe on July 7, Bandai Namco announced. The game will be digital-only in the Americas, and have a PlayStation 4 physical release in Europe.
In the Americas, a limited time digital launch edition of the game will also be available. It will include two exclusive downloadable content packs, detailed below:
- Ordinal Scale Pack
- Yuna — Playable Character
- Ordinal Scale Costumes
- SAO Origins Pack
- Sachi — Playable Character
- GGO Avatar Costume — Kirito and Sinon
- Knight of the Blood Oath Costume
- Fairy Dance Avatar Costume — Kirito
Here’s an overview of the game, via Bandai Namco:
Svart Alfheim and the Accelerated World have begun to merge. In the midst of the chaos, Yui has gone missing. Kirito must challenge the Seven Kings of pure color from the Accelerated World to gain access to her location. Players from both groups come together in a war of the worlds where the strongest Burst Linkers and ALO Players are on a mission to save Yui from the hands of Personna Babel.
- Welcome to the Accelerated World – Cult classic anime series Accel World comes to the West, featuring a large roster of characters from the anime and novel series.
- Take to the Skies – Featuring the fairy ﬂight mechanic of Alfheim Online, players can experience the freedom of flight and aerial combat.
- Original Story from the Master of Technology Fantasy – Worlds collide as characters from two of Reki Kawahara’s award winning series’ come together on a journey through time to save Yui in a completely original story.
- The Best of Both Worlds – Combine powers and leverage strengths as you build 3 man teams with your favorite characters from both Accel World (Acceleration/Special Techniques) and Sword Art Online (Flight/Magic)!
- Unite for the Fight – Team up with your friends or challenge your rivals in ﬁerce online multiplayer featuring multiple modes supporting up to 4P.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.