Square Enix revealed 25 minutes of new gameplay footage of Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time alongside new information and a nostalgic, live-action trailer during a “Countdown Carnival” live stream from Osaka today.
The following new details were shared:
■ Samadhi, the Desert Town
A desert town called Samadhi was revealed.
01. In making the 30th anniversary title and 11th numbered title, was there anything that you were inspired by?
Before the development of Dragon Quest XI, the staff went to Machu Picchu, so you may see its atmosphere reflected in the map.
02. What is that white monster on the Dragon Quest Life website?
These monsters are called “incarnations of time.” You’ll frequently encounter them in various locations throughout the game world. Horii couldn’t say too much, as it would be a spoiler.
03. We’ve seen Ishi Village and Delcadar Kingdom, but what other villages and towns exist in the world of Dragon Quest XI?
There are about 20 bases, including villages, towns, and castles. A Japanese-stlye, Jipang-esque “Homura Village” was shown, pictured below. A major event will happen here.
■ Restricted Play System
Dragon Quest XI will have a “Restricted Play” system, allowing you to play the game with certain restrictions. A screenshot was shown where shopping was restricted. Even when you talk to the owner of the shop while playing with shopping restrictions, you won’t be able to see what he is selling.
Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time will launch for PlayStation 4 and 3DS on July 29 in Japan. A Switch version is also planned, but has yet to be shown or dated. If you missed it, catch the latest trailers and gameplay footage here.
Watch the new footage below.
- PlayStation 4 Version – 30:53 to 45:45
- 3DS Version – 46:16 to 54:43