Street Fighter V new Capcom Fighters Network PC preview to run from March 28 to April 3Official release due out for both PlayStation 4 and PC soon after.
Capcom will offer PC users a free glimpse into several new features and enhancements coming to Street Fighter V‘s Capcom Fighters Network online experience beginning March 28 at 1:00 p.m. PT / 9:00 p.m. GMT and running through April 3 at 12:00 p.m. PT / 8:00 p.m. GMT, the company announced.
The trial, which will be limited to Steam users and only feature online modes, will be free to play for both current and new players. All available characters, including the recently released Kolin, will be unlocked. Capcom will make further adjustments to adjust the new Capcom Fighters Network once the test is concluded, and release it officially to PlayStation 4 and PC players soon after.
Here’s the list of improvements coming to the new Capcom Fighters Network:
- Matchmaking Improvements
- For most players, it will take less time to find an opponent in online matches. Matchmaking logic will help players avoid being frequently matched with the same opponent.
- Ranked and Casual Match Loading Times
- There will be a shorter transition when going into a Ranked or Casual match.
- Interactive Timeline
- On the new CFN home menu, a live feed of Friends’ activities will be presented on an interactive Timeline. Using the Timeline, players can immediately add a recent match to their Replay List, view a Fighter Profile, manage Friends, and adjust Timeline display settings.
- Friend Management System
- In addition to adding someone to Favorites, players can now blacklist players or add friends and follow them on CFN.
- “Rage Quit” Penalty System
- Special “rage quit” player profile icons will appear on profiles with frequent disconnections. Matchmaking logic will take into account online behavior and frequent disconnectors will be matched with similar opponents.
- Training Mode – User Settings Saved
- Training Mode settings will be saved and will carry over to the next time the mode is accessed.
- Battle Lounge Country Flags
- Country flags will appear in Battle Lounges, allowing players to locate competition in their region.
- Country / League Based Rankings
- Players will be able to filter leaderboards based on Country or League.
- In-Game Announcer Voice
- The in-game announcer will provide players and opponents with stats using data pulled from the server.
- Fighter Profile Stats
- More detailed stats will be tracked and presented on Fighter Profiles.
Street Fighter V is available now for PlayStation 4 and PC.