New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers launches March 3Arc System Works' town building simulation game.
New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers, the followup to the 2016-launched 3DS town building simulation game Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers, will launch for Switch via the Nintendo eShop in North America and Europe on March 3 for $9.99 / €9.99, Arc System Works announced.
Here’s an overview of the game, via its official website:
What is Frontier Days?
New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers is a town-building simulation game, where you command your pioneers to colonize a new land.
The pioneers are capable of “Logging”, “Mining”, “Hunting”, “Fishing” and many others. Command them accordingly, and build your own town efficiently!
From the materials gathered via the actions of your pioneers, you can then use them to “Build”! With the buildings, you can then process logs into lumber, weave wool into textiles, grow plants with the Field and many more! Make your town thrive with all these useful buildings!
You can also keep wild animals as pets too! Pets can go out with the pioneers to gather materials, or they can help in hunting, and even allow pioneers to ride on their backs!
As you progress in colonizing the land, you may obtain “Invention Cards” along the way. These cards provide various effects, such as shortening your farm harvesting time cycle, and increasing the fishing time and etc. There are over 290 cards in the game! Use them wisely!
Total of 80 achievements! Clearing the achievements will allow you to unlock very special artworks in the game! A total of 4 special artworks are available. Try and clear them all!
- Command the Pioneers and direct them accordingly in this wide open land!
- The pioneers can gather materials such as “logs”, “raw stones”, “fish” and “raw meat” via various actions such as excavation, lumbering, fishing and hunting.
- You can use the “logs” and “raw stones” to build the “Sawmill”!
- The Sawmill is where you can process “Logs” into “Lumber”.
- Next, you can then use the “Lumber” to build the Kitchen! The Kitchen is where you can process Raw Meat and Fish into Cook Food.
- Gather materials, build more buildings, and expand your town!
- The Festival is held annually, and you will need Food for your pioneers, and Money for your buildings! Balance out your resources carefully!
- Your Humble Pioneers – Give your Pioneers commands and let them build your town!
- Building Types – Different buildings carry different purposes. Use them effectively!
- Invention Cards to Aid Your Townbuilding – As you progress with building the town, you may obtain Invention Cards with various effects. 290 and more cards are available. Use them wisely!
- Story Mode – With the help of your lovely assistant, Jessica, set out to build your dream town from scratch, overcome all sorts of obstacles, and aim to develop into a city. Life is tough in the Frontiers; Wild animals may attack, natural disasters may strike. Work together with the pioneers and solve the problems one by one.
- Survival Mode – Choose from 5 difficulty levels and play straight out. You can choose the easy life by going “Easy” or “Normal”, or for a bit of challenge there’s the “Hard” difficulty. If you are feeling adventurous, you can try “Super Hard” or even “Insane” difficulty…
- Free Mode – A mode with no Game Overs, and you can use the Invention Cards as many times as you want after obtaining them in this mode. A great way to test the effects of the Invention Cards, and also possibly as a breather from the harsh frontier activities in Survival Mode!
Watch the debut trailer below.