Milestone, developer of racing games such as Ride, MotoGP, and MXGP, has announced Gravel, a new off-road racing game due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC this summer.
The Unreal Engine 4-powered racer promises a variety of vehicles, from “trophy trucks to rally legends,” that offer different approaches to the driving experience, as well as a wide array of environments, including forests, snowy mountains, dunes, and deserts.
Here’s an overview of the game, via its official wesite:
The definitive off-road challenge: explore exotic locations, drive iconic vehicles in extreme conditions, defy the champions, and become the ultimate Offroad Master.
Gravel celebrates off-road racing by taking you to exotic locations around the world with some of the most exciting vehicles ever created. Become the Master in four exciting disciplines and be part of the greatest off-road competition ever seen, Offroad Masters: will you be able to #StealTheShow?
Unleashing the full power of Unreal Engine 4, Gravel bestows each location with an unprecedented level of detail and makes the competition fun for everyone: photorealistic graphics, dynamic time of day and weather system, accessible physics that can be enjoyed by everybody, breath-taking locations where the player can race at full speed rushing through forests, snowy mountains, dunes, deserts, impressive lighting and particle effects.
- Wild Rush – The wildest locations around the world make for a perfect theater to host the Offroad Masters show. Tracks made to show yourself and crush your opponents, without holding anything back.
- Cross Country – Wide, open maps perfect to race with opponents in checkpoint competitions or to explore freely. Drive without boundaries, and steal the show.
- Speed Cross – Take the fight into real tracks, and show your true skills as an offroad driver.
- Stadium Circuit – Arenas filled with spectacular jumps: feel the roar of the crowd and launch your vehicle in extreme acrobatics!
- Gravel Channel – Everything you do in Gravel is for the show: Offroad Masters, hosted by Gravel Channel, is the wildest offroad show on earth, and you are entitled to beat the Masters and take the top spot in the competition. Will you be up to the task?
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.