5pb. will release shoot ’em up Bullet Soul, originally released for Xbox 360 in 2011, for PC via Steam on April 7, the company announced. It will cost for 1,480 yen (USD price pending) and launch at a 10 percent discount.
The PC version of Bullet Soul includes all of the downloadable content released for the Xbox 360 version and four gameplay modes in total.
Here’s an overview of the game, via 5pb.:
Blending classic shooting game design with a solid dash of modern day bullet hell, this soul food dish has it all! Destroy enemies at close quarters to build your multiplier, and see their bullets rendered harmless. Scour the stages for secret bonuses to push your score to even greater heights.
Bringing even more heat are Resonator: the moniker of aural wizards Kenji ‘Itoken’ Ito and Kohta Takahashi, setting fire to your speakers with their tunes. Last but not least, Akio Watanabe lends his skills to the scene, bringing forth some fresh character designs.
- 4 different modes, including both DLCs from the Xbox 360 original
- 3 different ships, and a hidden second loop, complete with true last boss on Normal Mode
- Practice and perfect your score stage by stage in Bancho Mode
- Race the clock and the world’s best scores in Caravan Mode
- A 4th ship and further refined gameplay in Version B
- Leaderboards divided by mode & ship with friend filters
- Includes tate/vertical screen mode with X/Y scaling and smoothing
Visit the Steam version’s official English website here.
(Editor’s Note: The Steam page is not yet live.)