The PlayStation 4 version will only be available in physical format for $29.99, but the Switch version will be available digitally for $29.99 and physically for $39.99 with a special launch edition in the Americas including Puyo and Tetrimino key chains.
A new trailer introduces some of the game modes in Puyo Puyo Tetris, including:
- Versus – Players compete head-to-head in either Puyo Puyo or Tetris to fight in the puzzle fight of their life.
- Swap – Players’ abilities are put to the ultimate test when they compete on both Puyo Puyo and Tetris boards, which switch back and forth at set intervals.
- Fusion – A true hybrid game where players compete with Puyos and Tetriminos together on the same board, requiring deft, on-the-fly thinking to become victorious.
- Big Bang – It’s a race to the finish as players compete against each other to clear unique challenge boards as quickly as possible to win.
- Party – Players compete on Puyo or Tetris boards, but the puzzles feature special items that when activated either help players or harm their opponents.
Watch the trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.