Get the information below.
*On the PS4 version, the default controls do not assign special movies to a button. Special Move configuration can be changed in the config menu.
*The above settings are the default configuration settings. They can be changed in the config menu. Settings for PC game controllers can also be set in the config menu.
■ The Art of Sosetsuken
- Punch (P) – Unleash quick punches. Hitting the punch button in quick succession lets you unleash a one-two jab hook punch. The jab is particularly effective at making an enemy groggy with one hit.
- Kick (K) – Kick out in front of you. This can make an opponent groggy in one fell swoop.
- Jump Kick (Jump + P or K) – Kick while jumping. Fly into an opponent and knock them down.
—Regular Finishing Moves
- Enemies will become groggy after taking a number of attacks. When they are in this state, it is possible to take them down with a finisher.
- Uppercut (P while enemy is groggy) – Take down an opponent with an upwards punch.
- Round House Kick (K while enemy is groggy) – Take down an opponent with a raised spinning kick.
- Grab State – Approach a groggy enemy head-on to initiate a grab. Many enemies will become groggy, but some cannot be grabbed. A total of three elbow smashes and knee thrusts can be done to an enemy before the grab state is broken.
- Grab Elbow Smash (P while grabbing enemy) – Unleash a fierce elbow smash to the head of a grabbed enemy.
- Grab Knee Thrust (K while grabbing enemy) – Deliver a knee thrust to the stomach of a grabbed enemy.
- Grab Throw (← + P or K while grabbing enemy) – Throw a grabbed enemy behind you. Depending on the distance from the enemy, this move can down an enemy in one go.
- High Kick (↑ + K while grabbing enemy) – Kick a grabbed enemy and send them flying. It is possible to defeat some enemies in one blow with this attack.
*All inputs listed above can be performed when a character is facing to the right.
Although these moves are not the most powerful, they have special characteristics. The three unique input methods for each move allows you to find one that matches your control style.
- Press a specific key while holding the kick or punch button (for example, P + → or K + ←).
- Press a combination of the punch button, kick button, or jump button (for example, press P and J together to perform a back elbow).
- Press a single button (it is possible to configure a move to a single button or key).
- Headbutt (P + → or P / K / J or Extra1) – Although this move has a small hit range, it is useful for countering an enemy’s jump attack.
- Spin Kick (K + → or K / J or Extra2) – Attack and close the distance on an enemy at the same time. Depending on the distance to the enemy, it is possible to takedown an enemy in one go with this move.
- Back Elbow (P + ← or P / J or Extra3) – Attack an enemy behind you. This is useful when you find yourself surrounded and being attacked from behind.
—Extended Special Moves
- Spinning Headbutt (P or K or J while performing headbutt) – This is an extension of the headbutt attack. It is an extremely powerful attack where you rotate and smash into an enemy.
—Special Finishing Moves
These moves are similar to Regular Finishing Moves in that they are special attacks that can be used when an enemy is groggy.
Jump Elbow – Billy Only (P + →* or P / J or Extra3 when enemy is groggy) – Unleash an elbow attack while jumping to knock an enemy to the floor.
Axe Kick – Jimmy Only (K + → or K / J or Extra2 when enemy is groggy) – This move damages an enemy via a sweeping leg kick. A swinging leg attack that strikes with a downward heel.
*This move is similar to the Back Elbow command, but is performed by (P + →) and not (P + ←).
The Three Great Sosetsuken Techniques & Raging Counter
—The Three Great Sosetsuken Techniques
- The Cyclone Kick, Hyper Uppercut, and High Jump Kick are known as the three great Sosetsuken techniques. These are fierce attacks that render you invincible to enemy attacks while they are being performed.
- Cyclone Kick (K at the peak of a jump) – This technique is commonly known as the Rotating Whirlwind Kick and has been passed down from generation to generation. It is a Sosetsuken technique that conjures the spinning image of a raging dragon god. It is frequently used when facing many foes because it has the power to sweep away everything in the vicinity.
- Hyper Uppercut (P at the right time when low to the ground) – This is a rapid technique that summons the power of a heavenly dragon. It can catch an enemy off guard and is often used when battling a large foe.
- High Jump Kick (K at the right time when low to the ground) – This is the most destructive Sosetsuken technique. It is used to finish off enemies with a single blow.The ferocity of the High Jump Kick makes you more vulnerable to enemy attacks directly after executing the move. However, the Cyclone Kick and Hyper Uppercut are not as powerful as the High Jump Kick and can be used safe in the knowledge that they do not leave you exposed afterwards.
Raging Counter renders you immune to damage from certain attacks for a small period of time. It activates if you perform one of the right attacks while getting up off the ground.
If you missed it last week, read up on Double Dragon IV‘s background, modes, and characters here.
Double Dragon IV is due out for PlayStation 4 and PC on January 30.
Watch the trailer below.