Sony Interactive Entertainment announced WipEout Omega Collection for PlayStation 4 during the PlayStation Experience 2016 keynote. It will launch in summer 2017.
Here’s the official fact sheet:
A name synonymous with PlayStation, WipEout is the rapid combat racer that defies gravity and defines generations.
Known for its blistering speed, iconic music and pure multiplayer mayhem, WipEout has starred on every PlayStation format since 1995 – and is now set to rip through the air on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro.
Featuring all the content from WipEout HD, Fury, and 2048, WipEout Omega Collection packs in 26 reversible circuits, 46 unique ships, a ton of game modes and some new and classic music tracks.
It’s time for WipEout veterans to come out of retirement and new pilots to make their debut.
- Enhanced Visuals: Compatible with PS4 and PS4 Pro. Enhanced with PS4 Pro.
- Under The Hood: WipEout Omega Collection features content from WipEout HD, WipEout HD Fury, and WipEout 2048.
- Rapid Combat Racing: Rip around sharp bends, power through stomach-churning loops and dive down sheer drops as you take out your rivals with well-timed weapon blasts.
- Competitive Multiplayer: Play online with friends in eight-player races, or classic two-player split screen.
- Nine Game Modes: There are nine modes available in total:
- Zone, Tournament, Speed Lap, Time Trial, and Single Race from HD
- Zone Battle, Eliminator, and Detonator from Fury
- Career Mode from 2048
- Thumping Soundtrack: Featuring a few classics as well as tracks from the hottest up-and-coming artists. WipEout Omega Collection is a feast for both your eyes and ears.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.