Sony Interactive Entertainment and WhiteMoon Dreams announced StarBlood Arena, a multiplayer arena combat game developed exclusively for PlayStation VR, during the PlayStation Experience 2016 keynote. It’s due out in spring 2017.
Here’s the full overview, via Sony:
StarBlood Arena is a futuristic flight combat shooter developed for use with the PlayStation VR headset. Players navigate battle pods in 360-degrees-of-freedom through underground arenas in close-quarters competitive and co-op multiplayer gameplay for 2 to 8 players.
In tournaments set up across the galaxy by the StarBlood Network, players compete for fame, fortune, and survival. Successful competitors will unlock ship modifications and customization options and battle through the ranks of the online leaderboards.
- Four modes of online competition – Carnage: A free-for-all battle, Team Carnage: team deathmatch, Gridiron: team goal-scoring game, and Invaders: a 4 player co-operative endless wave defense.
- Single player – Single player skirmish mode as well as per-pilot tournaments.
- Nine pilots – each with their own unique weapons, tactics, and play style.
- Customizable vehicles – all APEX Battle Pods can be customized with paint schemes, visual attachments, and gameplay altering Mods.
- 360 degrees of freedom – Battle pods can strafe, roll, and boost in any direction while independently aiming weapons using the PlayStation VR head tracking.
- Party on – easily connect with and fight alongside your online friends in both Ranked and Private matches.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.