Earlier this month, Kadokawa Games announced that it decided to delay God Wars: Future Past from its previously planed February 23, 2017 release date in Japan to spring 2017 in order to improve the game as a result of user feedback.
Today, the company detailed all the improvements it’s making to the upcoming strategy RPG. Here’s the exhaustive list:
- Sped up battle tempo, improved response, and adjusted difficulty level.
- Improved the feeling of controls and the camera system.
- Interface improvements.
Battle Tempo Speed Increase
- Movement speed adjustments – Sped up the standard movement speed of allies and enemies from its current state.
- “Production Cut” feature added – When on, this feature allows you to omit cut-in scenes and camera productions such as when attacking, when using skills, and when using items.
Difficulty Level Adjustments
- Adjustments to enemy recovery actions – Decreased the recovery actions performed by small fry enemies and improved the overall exhilaration of battle.
- Unit arrangement controls improved – Arranging units has been improved to be more intuitive, such as when selecting a character.
- Direction selection timing revisions – Adjustments have been made so that you can choose a direction not only when your movement ends, but when on standby or defending.
- Display of skill and item effect range during selection – When choosing a skill or item, before you make your choice, its effect range will be displayed on the map.
- Sub-information window display improvements – Improved the sub-information window to display information such as enemy and viewpoint attributes from the beginning.
- Skill and item management improvements – Added “history” to the categories of skills and items during selection to let you choose from your recently used items.
- Window information improvements – Improved the display of information necessary for skills with changing effects based on gender, and improved the distinctive visibility of enemies’ HP bars.
Camera Improvements During Battle
- Production revisions during camera rotation – Revised the blur during camera rotation.
- Added greatest distance view to camera zoom-out function – When using the camera zoom-out function, a greatest distance view that displays the entire landscape of the map has been added.
Information Display During Organization
- Improved skill information display.
- In the skill tree, information about skills that cannot be learned are displayed in the detailed information window.
- Estimation display added during equipment – Even when selecting passive skills, the increase and decrease in stats is displayed before you make a decision.
In addition to this, during an interview with 4Gamer.net, director Yoshimi Yasuda said that a new demo of God Wars: Future Past is due out in Japan in late January. It will let you play the beginning of the game, and its save data can be carried over to the full game. They’re also considering special bonuses for users who play the demo.
God Wars: Future Past will launch for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita during spring 2017 in Japan, and early 2017 In North America and Europe.