The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has new details on The Alliance Alive, FuRyu’s newly announced RPG for 3DS.
The Alliance Alive is a a “new classic RPG,” or a title that approaches the classic RPG elements and rebuilds them with the latest technology. The story depicts the efforts of humans who go against that authority of the Asmodians that have ruled over the world for several thundreds of years. It is set in a world divided into several zones that have formed unique cultures. Players control the protagonists and move about a field map, and battles begin when an enemy symbol is encountered. There are nine main characters total, who are all protagonists, and start their journeys with different goals, before long converging into a single objective.
Here’s an overview of the main characters:
- Galil – A boy who belongs to the “Night Crows” resistance. He is gentle, but very passionate at his core.
- Ursula – A blonde-haired girl who belongs to the Night Crows. She has a refreshing personality and does not speak her true intentions. She is always manipulating Galil.
- Barbarosa – A monster soldier who belongs to the Night Crows. She has sworn loyalty to Ursula’s father, who once saved her life.
- Viviana – The daughter of a noble Asmodian. She is a historian with a calm personality who has an interest in the human world
- Ignace – An Asmodian and butler who works for Viviana. He seems to be an Asmodian that values discipline and class.
- Rachel – A mercenary hired by the Magic Guild. She is very kind and the type of person to do something as soon as it comes to mind.
- Renzo – A young man who belongs to the Night Crows. He is a well-informed person with an optimistic personality, but calm-staring eyes.
- Gene – A magic user of the Magic Guild that is a subordinate of Asmodians. He looks at things from a wide perspective and doesn’t act impulsively.
- Tiggy – A girl researching the Dark Chaos. She is a self-proclaimed professor who created various inventions.
Famitsu also has an interview with the staff. Here are a few tidbits:
- After researching what people want that other companies can’t make, I realized that the answer is an RPG with a good balance of story and gameplay.
- We wanted to make a world with plenty of variety, where even just walking around is fun.
- We dared to go against the latest trends and have a world map. We wanted to make a world map like they used to be, where as you walk around you can imagine the whole picture in your head.
- We’re optimizing the distance between towns and dungeons, as well as the encounter rate so that you’ll feel pleasantly satisfied, not stressed.
- Vehicles that expand your range of actions will also appear.
- Part of the reason there are nine protagonists is that we want you to find the one you like.
- You’ll be able to freely customize your equipment with weapons such as great swords, spears. etc.
- Battles have an “Awakening” element, where you suddenly get inspired with a new technique or your status go up.
- The stronger the enemies you battle, the faster your growth rate. There are also elements to further raise your growth rate.
- Your party can consist of up to five characters. There are also formations, as well as the “Guild” system for party strengthening.
The game’s key staff is as follows:
- Producer and Director – Masataka Matsuura
- Scenario – Yoshitaka Murayama (the creator of Suikoden)
- Game Design – Kyoji Koizumi
- Art Director – Masayo Asano
- Composer – Masashi Hamauzu
- Character Design – Ryou Hirao
- Developer – Cattle Call (the studio behind The Legend of Legacy)
The Alliance Alive is due out for 3DS in Japan in spring 2017.