Square Enix showcased the PS Vita version of World of Final Fantasy for the first time during a live stream this morning. Compared against the PlayStation 4 version, there appears to be no difference in load times.
See both versions compared side-by-side below, starting at 13:38:
The PS Vita version won’t, however, have Japanese voice-overs on the cartridge due to a lack of storage space. Square Enix will release the Japanese voice-overs as free downloadable content.
Square Enix also shared a few other details regarding the game:
- PlayStation 4 Share Button: There will be no restrictions on live streaming, recording, or taking screenshots. Even the opening and ending can be shared via the Share button.
- Day One Patch: A Day One patch will be released when World of Final Fantasy launches. It will add multiplayer to the PlayStation 4 version.
- Cross Save: Cross-save is supported.
- Multiplayer: You can battle against and trade with other players.
- Pre-Order Bonuses: You’ll be able to obtain your Mirage pre-order bonuses in the game at the arena after the tutorial chapter. The Sephiroth bonus (pictured above) will also be obtainable at this time.
- Astraea Mirage: Astraea, from Square Enix shoot ’em up Einhander, will appear as a Mirage (monster). In Japan, he is a bonus for purchasing the game at GEO. See him in the video above at 32:33.
World of Final Fantasy is due out for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita on October 25 in North America, October 27 in Japan, and October 28 in Europe.