Joycity will launch 3on3 FreeStyle, its arcade-style free-to-play basketball game for PlayStation 4, in Q4 2016, the company announced. Closed beta sign-ups are currently available at the game’s official website.
Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:
This is a three-versus-three multiplayer basketball game. Gather your friends to challenge other players from all around the world. 3on3 FreeStyle provides unique aspects of co-op multiplayer experiences online.
- Dive into the massive online community and play real-time three-versus-three matches
- Enjoy the unique art style powered by Unreal Engine
- Support for local co-op play to challenge players online (up to three players locally)
- Play easy-to-pick-up and fast-paced street ball matches with your friends
- Choose characters with different positions and skill sets for strategic team combinations
- Initiate co-op skills with your teammates to show off your team work
- Manage your characters to unlock more skills and features in the game
Over at the PlayStation Blog, Joycity managing director Marc Guerrier posted a long blog about the story of how 3on3 FreeStyle came together. Read that here.