The open “multiplayer technical test” for Titanfall 2 will be available across two weekends in August for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, publisher Electronic Arts announced.
The first weekend starts Friday, August 19 and ends August 21, and offers the following modes and maps:
- Bounty Hunt (5v5): A brand new mode that pits Pilots and their teammates against an opposing team as well as the Remnant Fleet. Earn bonuses by killing grunts and enemies, but make sure and deposit all your points at the bank between waves without getting killed.
- Pilots vs. Pilots (8v8): Players can be the best Pilot on the Frontier and put their combat and mobility skills to the ultimate test in this classic 8 vs 8 Pilots only mode.
- Boomtown: A secret underground IMC facility where the latest in R&D is put to the test. In this facility Pilots can use the many peaked roofs to use as cover against combatants below. With tight lanes through the middle, Titans can also be easily ambushed.
- Homestead: The IMC have claimed Eminent Domain on a small commune’s plot of land. With a series of raised, rocky plateaus and a river running down the middle, Pilots are mostly safe from Titans among the rocks and trees but they also can duck into the caves and building when needed. However, the Titans control the large rolling fields.
The second weekend starts Friday, August 26 and ends August 28, and features all of the content from the first weekend in addition to:
- Amped Hardpoint (6v6): A new twist on Hardpoint Domination from the original game; now defending a Hardpoint will let you amp it, giving your team double score. Team work is the key to securing victory.
- Forward Base Kodai: Militia forces have taken over an IMC substation and set up a forward operating base. Pilots can find safety from Titans in the hallways and chambers of the main building, while Titans can walk over the roof to get a better view of the action.
During the open multiplayer technical test, users will have access to two, all-new Titans—Ion and Scorch—as well as a range of Pilot tactical abilities including Grapple, Holo Point, and Pulse Blade, and a variety of weapons including a horizontal spread shotgun known as the Mastiff, and a dual-barrel SMG called the Alternator.
The test will offer access to Networks, a new feature that makes finding and playing with friends “fast and easy,” according to Electronic Arts.
Electronic Arts will broadcast the first live multiplayer gameplay from Titanfall 2 today at 11 a.m. PT / 2 p.m. ET on Twitch.
Titanfall 2 is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on October 28.
Watch a new trailer below.