The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu features an interview with Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino, who discusses the company’s newly announced cross-media project, Megaton Musashi.
Get the interview tidbits below.
- Megaton Musashi will be the top of the line of the robot genre. Its setting will resonate well with the older generation.
- The protagonist of the anime is Yamato, but in the game you can play from the perspectives of other characters. It’s similar in image to Little Battlers eXperience Wars for 3DS.
- They’re paying particular attention to the coolness of the robots—the “cool actions in the cockpit” like shouting the name of techniques and pulling levers.
- Level-5 announced toys that simulate the cockpit of Musashi, but they also want something that connects to the game like Capcom did with Steel Battalion for Xbox.
- Supported platforms have yet to be decided, but Level-5 is considering 3DS development. As these are giant robots and they’re placing considerable emphasis on anime, Level-5 is also considering development on high-spec machines so that the content can be enjoyed to its fullest. Hino wants to see it on as big a screen as possible.
- A release is planned from around summer 2017.
Thanks, Hachima Kikou.