The Zodiac Age is a high-definition remaster of the Japan-only Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System, which adds to the original Final Fantasy XII with reconstructed game design and additional systems, with further system improvements and current generation technology.
Here’s the list of improvements:
- High-resolution upgrades for backgrounds, character models, and all 2D parts including fonts
- High-resolution upgrades for movie scenes
- Introduction of current generation visual expression
- 7.1ch surround support
- High-quality voice support
- English and Japanese voices (switch between them in the game configuration)
- Original and newly re-recorded BGMs (switch between them in the game configuration)
- Shorter load times
- Auto-save functionality added
- Improved speed mode and speed mode operability
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will be playable at E3 between June 14 and 16. Get the teaser trailer and fact sheet below. View the first set of screenshots at the gallery. Visit the official U.S. website here and Japanese website here.
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age improves upon the 2006 classic Final Fantasy XII, now more beautiful and easier to play than ever. The high-definition remaster introduces several modern advancements, including reconstructed battle design and a revamped job system. With newly implemented trophies and share functions, as well as stark visual and sound improvements in true HD for the first time, players both returning and new to the game will experience a grand adventure that spans the world of Ivalice in an entirely fresh and improved way.
Enter an era of war within the world of Ivalice. The small kingdom of Dalmasca, conquered by the Archadian Empire, is left in ruin and uncertainty. Princess Ashe, the one and only heir to the throne, devotes herself to the resistance to liberate her country. Vaan, a young man who lost his family in the war, dreams of flying freely in the skies. In a fight for freedom and fallen royalty, join these unlikely allies and their companions as they embark on a heroic adventure to free their homeland.
- Includes several all-new enhanced gameplay features:
- The Zodiac Job System – Improved character leveling system that now caters to the player’s preference
- Trial Mode – Take on monsters and enemies in up to 100 consecutive battles
- Speed Mode
- Latest-generation high-definition graphical capabilities, including characters and movie scenes fully remastered in high-definition.
- True 7.1 surround sound, including high-definition voicing and newly recorded background music utilizing the current generation of sound production.
- Option to switch between the original and the newly remastered soundtrack.
- New trial mode where players can take on monsters and enemies in up to 100 successive battles
- Modern gameplay advancements including PlayStation 4 system trophy support and share functionalities, auto-save and shortened loading times
- An endless amount of gameplay and adventure including hunts, battles, and mini-games
- Producer: Hiroaki Kato
- Director: Takashi Katano
- Art Direction: Ryotaro Takahashi (CGStyle)
- Technical Direction: Seiki Iwamura
- Game Design: Jun Akiyama
- Composer: Hitoshi Sakimoto (Basiscape)
- Music Editor: Keiji Kawamori
- Sound Effect Direction: Tomohiro Yajima
- Movie Direction: Kazuyuki Ikumori
- Supervisor: Hiroyuki Ito, Hiroshi Minagawa