Valkyria: Azure Revolution details Emperor Claudius, Battle Demo Ver. 1.0 improvementsOphelia's tights removed as a result of fan feedback.
Sega has updated the Valkyria: Azure Revolution official website with details on a new character—the Emperor of the Rus Empire—as well as a list of what changes are being made to the game as a result of feedback from the Battle Demo Ver 1.0 included with Valkyria Chronicles Remastered in Japan.
First, here’s Emperor Claudius (pictured) and an additional description for the Valkyria Brunhild via this week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu:
Claudius Powlovich Kiev
The Emperor of the Rus Empire, one of the five major empires of Europa. Because he was born in troubled times, he bore the ambition of becoming a leader, and became a hero that turned the once small Rus Kingdom into a great empire in a single lifetime.
Followed by the immortal Valkyria feared as the “God of Death,” he invaded other countries against the backdrop of his military power, rapidly and forcibly expanding his influence. With his tactical genius and political ability, he rules under military law.
The immortal Valkyria feared as the “God of Death.” She is in a contract with Emperor Claudius to protect the Rus Empire. With a body unscathed by swords and bullets, she stands before those that oppose her and reaps the life from them with her “Song of Death.”
Next, here’s the list of improvements:
- Encounters abolished
- Action gauge implemented – A gauge that builds up with the passage of time that allows you to take action. Applies to both allies and enemies.
- Gun position revised (damage increased, etc.)
- Skills (Magic Arts, weapons, etc.) changed to time-stopped command selections
- “Emotions” made more clear and effective
- Set stages to changes in “Emotions”
- Level-up system improved
- Sharpness of an effective attack on the enemy improved
- Camera control improved
- Results content and evaluation criteria improved all around
- The generally busy game tempo has been modified to a “Time to Think” game tempo
- Other adjustments to make the game more interesting as an RPG
- Character movement and movement speed improved, key response improved
- Dash implemented
- Guard implemented
- Standard attack button implemented
- Triangle button special attack abolished
- Attack range clarified
- Enemy detection (discovered, undiscovered) clarified
- Skills’ (Magic arts, weapons, etc.) effect target (aimed) and effect range clarified
AI and Party
- Party characters changed from max of three to four
- Direct and simple instruction towards your allies, customize action guidelines, action appeal implemented
- Ally AI improved
- Enemy AI improved
Map and Events
- Traps such as landmines enhanced, map actions enhanced
- Battlefield sensation enhanced (map effects, NPCs, etc.)
- Item boxes implemented
- Supply points implemented
Graphics and Sound
- Visual engine “Gouache” brushed up
- Sound engine brushed up
- Effects brushed up
- Character models brushed up
Options and User Interface
- Options enhanced, key assignment universally improved, battle UI revised
- Mini-map improved, strategy map displayed
- Story event implemented
- More than 10 playable characters implemented
- Difficulty settings implemented
- Army, weapons, and Magic Arts enhancements
- Weapon custom elements and Magic Arts custom elements
- Indoor battles implemented
- Day-to-night change implemented
- BGM switching clarified
- Dandy male character implemented
- Removed Ophelia’s tights
A Battle Demo Ver. 2.0 with the above amendments implemented is planned for release in Japan this summer.
Valkyria: Azure Revolution is due out for PlayStation 4 in Japan this winter.
View a high-res screenshot and artwork of Claudius at the gallery.