Shadwen will launch for PlayStation 4, PC, OSX, and Linux on May 17, developer Frozenbyte announced. On PC it will cost $14.55 / €14.55, and once the launch discount is over, it will cost $16.99 / €16.99 across all platforms.
The stealth-action game follows an assassin named Shadwen on a quest to kill the king, who has a chance encounter with an orphaned girl named Lily along the way. You must decide whether to kill and put the girl’s trust at risk, or not to kill and keep your true purpose to kill the king concealed.
Get the full rundown below. If you missed it, catch a trailer here.
Shadwen is a stealth-action game where the only rule is to remain unseen. Stay hidden – or the ruthless guards will kill you on sight!
Shadwen, an assassin on a quest to kill the king, has a chance encounter with an orphaned girl, Lily. She follows Shadwen on her dangerous journey, but when the ruthless guards get too close, Shadwen must take action right in front of Lily’s eyes.
Will Shadwen risk the girl’s budding trust by resorting to violence, or try and find another way while keeping her real purpose concealed?
To kill or not to kill – that is the question.
- Move Freely – Sneak and explore around the dark and gritty medieval province and use the environment to your advantage – use your rope to grapple onto rooftops, silently drop from ceilings, or veil yourself in the shadows.
- Stay Hidden – Pick your assassinations carefully. Avoid being seen, heard or getting caught indirectly. Suspicious sights and noises will alert the guards – use it to your benefit!
- Time is an Accomplice – Time stands still when you are not moving Shadwen, allowing you to stop at any point mid-motion. Rewind time to manipulate your past and present actions!
- Use Physics – Use physics and a freely attachable rope to drag and topple objects. Make deaths look accidental; let gravity do the grave work.
- Create Traps and Hazards – Set up traps and hazards to lure guards towards their untimely demise; discover new ways to eliminate or distract your foes by crafting items into deadly surprises, including poison traps, spike devices, decoy toys and more.
- Two Characters – Embrace the darkness with Shadwen and her abilities to protect Lily and create a safe passage for her.