The free-to-play version of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune for PlayStation 4 and Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus for PS Vita will launch on May 16 in Japan, publisher Koei Tecmo announced.
Here’s an overview:
- Kasumi is the only playable character, and every feature is available except for the Casino.
- A “Casino Membership” is required to play in the Casino.
- “Character Rights” for each character are required to play as characters other than Kasumi.
- You can’t give swimsuit presents to girls you don’t own the Character Rights to.
- Basic Free Version-exclusive downloadable content needs to be purchased separately for each platform.
- The bonus swimsuit downloadable content and other swimsuit downloadable content can be shared with the paid version.
- You can play the paid version using the save data from the Basic Free Version.
Character Rights and Casino Membership Prices
- Character Rights – 1,200 yen (PS4) / 1,100 yen (PS Vita)
- Casino Membership – 2,000 yen (PS4) / 2,000 yen (PS Vita)
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 first launched in Japan and Asia on March 24. It has since sold more than 190,000 units.
(Editor’s Note: This article originally listed a May 19 release date in error.)