Rumors this evening suggest the next God of War will be set in Norse mythology.
The rumors began with a tweet from Shinobi602, who is known to share insider information from time to time, reading “…to the halls of Valhalla. My boy. #GodofWar4.” This comes after teasing he would hint at something earlier.
After seeing these tweets, NerdLeaks decided to do some digging and came across the portfolio of Finnian MacManus, a concept artist who worked at SIE Santa Monica Studio from September 2015 to December 2015 “creating concept art and collaboration with the visdev team for an unannounced project,” according to his LinkedIn.
On MacManus’ website, there are several concept arts hidden behind a private section. However, the contents of this section can be accessed by looking at the website’s source code. This Imgur album of images (backup here) is what was uncovered, revealing:
- A Kratos-looking character with a beard
- A Norse mythology setting
- Alfheim and “Land of the Fairies” are a few of the image’s names
- The Kratos-looking character will be in prison at one point
- The Kratos-looking character has an axe that he can use to cut vines and create bridges/walkways
- The surrounding environment could interact with the character