John Romero, co-founder of id Software and designer for games like Doom and Quake, and Adrian Carmack, also co-founder of id Software, have taken to Kickstarter to fund a new first-person shooter called Blackroom. It is seeking $700,000 in funding.
Developed by Romero Games subsidiary Night Work Games, Blackroom promises to be an “action-packed first-person shooter set in a holographic simulation gone rogue” when it launches for PC in winter 2018.
Here’s the rundown:
John Romero and fellow id Software co-founder Adrian Carmack proudly announce Blackroom, a visceral, varied and violent shooter that harkens back to classic FPS play with a mixture of exploration, speed, and intense, weaponized combat. Use fast, skillful movement to dodge enemy attacks, circle-strafe your foes, and rule the air as you rocket jump in the single- and multiplayer modes. Blackroom launches with unique multiplayer maps and robust modding support for the community to make diabolical creations of their own design – Coming Winter 2018 to PC!
- Platform – PC (DRM Free + Steam) and Mac
- Release Date – Winter 2018
- Genre – FPS
- Single-Player Campaign – 10 Hours, Leaderboard Challenge Modes
- Multiplayer – Co-op, 1-on-1 Deathmatch, Arena
- Multiplayer Maps – 6 Built In + Community Maps
- Fully Moddable, Run Dedicated Servers, Create Maps
- New Soundtrack by acclaimed metal guitarist George Lynch
Read more about the game via its Kickstarter page. Watch the pitch video below.