First, on Monday, March 28, a Street Fighter V update will add “Challenge Mode,” an online rematch option, battle lounge improvements, and various bug fixes and gameplay balances. Then, on March 30, new fighter Alex and his related story content will be added.
Here’s the full outline:
Coming March 28
- Challenge Mode
- Demonstrations: Learn the ins and outs of Street Fighter V through helpful demonstration and tutorial content. Contains content for each of the 16 characters, as well as advice geared towards players of all skill levels:
- Beginner Tutorials: 12 lessons covering, movement, normal attacks, special attacks, V-System, throws, counter hits, chip/recoverable damage, etc.
- Intermediate Tutorials: 11 lessons covering projectiles, invincibility frames, armor and armor break, recovery, cross-up attacks, anti-air options, etc.
- Advanced Tutorials: 4 lessons covering back dashing, frame advantage/disadvantage, combo potential, button priority, etc.
- Character Tutorials: 16 lessons covering each individual character.
- Trials: Put your skills to the ultimate test with combo trials for all 16 characters, ranging from basic to pro combos. Completing Trials will also earn you some extra Fight Money.
- Online Rematch Option: Salty from a close loss online? Want revenge? Players can now play a 2/3 set in Ranked Match and Casual Matches, provided both players accept the rematch.
- Battle Lounge Improvements
- Enjoy up to 8 person lobbies, complete with match spectating.
- Bug fixes and gameplay balancing
- Various game bugs have been fixed, along with minor gameplay balancing. For more details please see the previous post.
Coming March 30
- Alex + related character story content
- In-Game Shop: Fight Money Expenditure: Spend your hard earned Fight Money to purchase extra game content, such as DLC characters (100,000 FM each) and the Story Mode Costumes (40,000 FM each).
The “Zenny” (real money) functionality of the in-game shop will not make it into the March update. Capcom said after taking a “long hard look at this part of the story,” it has decided it is not ready to launch it yet. “As Zenny is purchased with real money, we wanted to be extra careful and make sure it’s fully tested and optimized before launching it.” Due to this, Alex will be available for free as a trial period to all players until the Zenny shop launches.
Get an overview of the March update below.